We are a group of scholars and librarians aiming to help transform the conventions of scholarly publishing, and return control of the publication process to the scholarly community.
The Fair Open Access Alliance is an overarching organization (formally a Stichting – non profit foundation – in the Netherlands) aimed at coordinating efforts toward sustainable open access scholarly publishing, following the principles of Fair Open Access. Member organizations include
- LingOA (facilitating conversion to fair open access of journals in linguistics)
- MathOA (facilitating conversion to fair open access of journals in mathematics)
- PsyOA (facilitating conversion to fair open access of journals in psychology)
- Open Library of Humanities (dedicated to publishing open access scholarship with no author-facing article processing charges)
- Center for Open Science (aiming to increase openness, integrity, and reproducibility of scholarly research)
- Independent OA journals who have signed up to the Fair Open Access principles (to be listed “soon”).